Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Place in the Universe


This piece was accepted for the My Place Challenge - a Tri-nations event between NZ, Australia and South Africa. The pieces are currently in South Africa. The background fabric was hand dyed and made me think about global warming on the earth - things dying, and drying up.
You can see all of the 90 quilts in this exhibition at: http://www.myplacequilts.com/index.html
very worth your viewing time.
At the weekend I saw the BBC movie Earth. Its a graphic representation of the planet drying up - particularly in the Okovanga Delta in Africa. The whole movie had fantastic photography, little bits of humour with ducklings learning to fly, and the seriousness of the reduction of the polar bears environment.

3 comments:

Puddleduck said...

What a gorgeous piece. I came across your blog from ahfq... I have a blog half set up but haven't really gotten into it yet. Am inspired by your work..... the inchies are cute too!
Sandi

Intuitive Textile Journeys said...

Thanks Sandi - I'm glad you felt inspired by the piece. Like you I need to get "back to blogging". My lastest works were 105 pieces made from rubbish - will try and get something up soon. Veronicah

Puddleduck said...

Hi Veronicah! - would love to see some more of your work. I'm interested in recycling textiles etc also.
Have been looking at some of the My Place quilts- aren't they awesome? Yours included!
Sandi