Monday, April 26, 2010

Reminders of Anzac Day

Its always so interesting to take my camera when I go walking everyday,usually there is something that captures my thinking or heart even if only just for a moment. Monday night's walk produced these amazing images of things we don't see often. Anzac Day wreaths and reminders. I watched Saving Private Ryan on Saturday night. I've seen it before, but I still cried my way through it, even knowing what is coming next. I'm getting better than the first time I saw it at the movies - I cried from beginning to end and spent most of the movie hugging my knees. The guy seated next to me (who I didn't know) kept asking if I was okay. I'm truly glad that in mylifetime I haven't had to make a choice about war - to go or not. 


Here's how we usually see Yucca's in New Zealand.  I don't think I've seen one at this point of flowering before.  I love the way it is unfurling itself.
There is somethingincredibly graceful about the way the leaves are arched over the base of the emerging flower.



I'll have to remember to drop back there, to see what has happened in a day or two.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You have been busy. Wish I could change the furniture around in my lounge, for that matter the whole house. Loving the photos. Have you been back to visitthe yucca's

Elizabeth