Monday, August 09, 2010

Detouring and Learning to See



"There is a road from the eye to the heart that does not go through the intellect"   GK Chesterton
I couldn't help but detour on my way to work this morning - the light was so perfect for a few photographs.  The gulls were beginning to assemble at the end of the tank farm, waiting for the camper vanners who can park here for free to arise for breakfast.    
      
As promised - a couple of pages from my sketchbook.  I'm focussing on fairies and fantasy art.

  




And here's what I'm reading at the moment about drawing, by Carla Sonheim:  Drawing Lab.  I love its simplicity and easy instructions, great pictures and tons of different drawing styles and 52 exercises for drawing creativity - one for each week of the year.  I think I'm going to purchase this book.


No comments: