Friday, January 14, 2011

A new project for 2011 - Art Journal Everyday


Well the idea is to draw, paint, or create some art for 10 minutes of every day.  This was done on Sunday 8 January.  So far I'm finding that its easier for me to draw from life eg a flower, or to use something to bounce off eg a newspaper clipping which is what inspired this picture.  Actually that is probably the way I design quilts as well - having a beginning point.  Of course the hard thing is that I know I will spend more than 10 minutes because I just get so engrossed in it ... but its loads of fun using my new Inktense Watercolour pencils - I love them!

If you want to know more about Art Journal Everyday it is the inspiration of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.  She got 365 artists inspired so far ...

1 comment:

milkcan said...

Well, hello gorgeous! Awesome page and I'm so delighted that you're participating in Art Journal Every Day!