Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Out Walking

On this morning's walk, I had time to see, really see, things I pass every day or two.


This is on a wall - at a quick glance it looks like a painting, but up close reveals that these are stones set in something and then the piece has been cut to the same thickness.  




These mesh screens have two pieces of ordinary mesh circles back to back and put together, they form these moving patterns as you walk past.  The front screen has then been spray painted over.

And then ... A find!  A few weeks ago I acquired a piece of rusted iron and I've been experimenting with transferring the rust into my journal and on to fabric.  These are the fabric results - all obtained from a piece of metal about 2.5x6".




And this ... is today's find!  It came exactly in that shape, complete with pinholes and folds.  What a wonderful universe!  If I went searching for such a wonderful piece, I'm sure it would take a very long time to find it.  But there it was, waiting for me to pick it up.



I'm so happy to be blogging again, grateful to have the time and for being stress free.

No comments: